New in 2022! Manatee Your Choice is hosting a Healthy Pregnancy Program! This program will cover topics such as:
- Prenatal Care
- Pregnancy During COVID-19
- Self Care Tips for New & Expecting Moms
- Postpartum Anxiety & Depression
- Pregnancy Nutrition
- Exercise During Pregnancy
- ...& MORE!
Participants will also receive monthly check-ins with our Nurse Advocate and an opportunity to meet other new Manatee County parents! Register Today!
Healthy Pregnancy Resources
To encourage a Healthy Pregnancy it is recommended that you follow the steps below:
- Complete all scheduled pre-natal office visits per physician’s orders
- Be compliant in taking pre-natal vitamins as prescribed by your physician.
- Complete a Nutrition Consultation. You are eligible to use all 5 FREE sessions if you choose. Visits include discussion of essential nutrients during pregnancy, tips for healthy eating before and after pregnancy, necessary pregnancy weight gain and healthy weight loss after birth.
- If diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes or have existing diabetes contact the YourChoice Diabetes Educator for guidance.
- Complete an Exercise Consultation. You are eligible to use all 5 FREE Sessions if you choose. The Fitness Advocate will help you modify your workout and teach you stretches to alleviate back pain and prepare your body for labor.
- Meet with a Mental Health Advocate. The LAMP Advocate will discuss mental health resources and what to expect postpartum. You are eligible to use all 5 Free Sessions if you choose to continue.
- If you are a tobacco user, participate in one of the YourChoice Tobacco Cessation Program options. Please contact Vanessa Rene.
Any questions about these resources can be directed to Nurse Advocate Debbie Miskell, RN at 941-748-4501 x6407
|Childbirth and Parenting Classes||https://www.manateememorial.com/events-and-programs/childbirth-and-parenting-classes|
|Healthy Start Manatee||https://hsmanatee.com/|
|Breastfeeding Support Resources||https://healthystartsarasota.org/breastfeeding-support-resources/|