The Manatee YourChoice Health Plan is the self-funded medical, dental and health management plan for the employees and their eligible dependents of Manatee County Government, including all of the Constitutional Agencies. What does self-funded or self-insured mean? It means Manatee County Government, through its own Health Plan, "Manatee YourChoice," uses their own plan design and pays for all health care directly instead of paying an insurance company to handle it. Although the Plan was created and designed by the Employee Benefits Division and is managed by the Employee Health Benefits Manager, the plan hires a "Third Party Administrator" (Aetna) to process claims, provide customer service support to members, and to run the Provider Network.
Two Health Plan Levels
The difference among the two plans is the Level of Reimbursement. The level is determined by the co-pay, deductible or co-insurance, and the maximum out of pocket expense not including the deductible. Click on each plan level below to view the Summary of Benefits and Coverage.
- ULTIMATE - Highest Level of Reimbursement ($25 co-pay, no deductible, no co-insurance)
- BEST - Lesser Level of Reimbursement ($25 co-pay, $250 deductible & 20% co-insurance)
Both plans offer:
- Identical Medical, Prescription, and Behavioral Health covered services with identical monthly premiums.
- Choice to utilize the Network or Non-Network Providers.
- Choice to utilize Wellbeing Programs.
- Choice to utilize Teladoc.