Participating in a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) offers you a unique way to pay for some of your health care and dependent care expenses by reducing your base salary without paying income taxes on that amount.
- If you elect to participate in an FSA, you can't change or cancel your election until the next Annual Enrollment unless you have a family status change.
- You may elect to participate in an FSA as a new hire, during Annual Enrollment or due to a family status change consistent with enrollment.
- Claims incurred during the year (Jan 1 - Dec 31) must be submitted no later than March 31st of the following year.
- Calculate your potential savings
There are two Flexible Spending Accounts to choose from and you may be able to utilize the benefits from both.
Health Care Spending Account
Dependent Care Spending Account
Health Care Expenses Eligible for Reimbursement
There are many health, vision, and dental expenses that you pay yourself for you, your spouse, or dependents which are eligible for reimbursement through the Manatee YourChoice account.
Qualifying expenses are health care expenses incurred during the Plan Year which are considered tax deductible by the IRS, such as:
- Routine physical exams;
- Deductibles and co-payments not paid by insurance;
- Amounts in excess of insurance coverage (e.g., orthodontia);
- Routine eye exams, prescription glasses or contact lenses; and
- Hearing exams and hearing aids.
Dependent Care Expenses Eligible for Reimbursement
- Your child(ren) under age 13, whom you claim as a dependent for tax purposes; or
- Spouse and dependents of any age (who normally spend at least eight hours in your home each day if the services are rendered outside the home) who are mentally or physically disabled.
- Day care facilities for children, before and after school care, preschool, etc.
- Licensed day care centers for disabled dependents
To view a full list of eligible expenses CLICK HERE