A Benefits Program to Improve Your Health
Health Coaching is one-on-one counseling with a certified professional to help you identify and implement health-related goals to achieve personal success. Coaching sessions are done in person, by phone or Skype. Health Coaching can help with:
- Goal setting
- Sticking to a health goal
- Identifying the barriers to successful behavior change
- Follow-through on a particular behavior or activity
- Dealing with change
- Building personal strength and resilience
- Cultivating self-awareness, self-motivation, and self-empathy
- Establishing positive patterns of behavior to achieve wellbeing
Members of Manatee YourChoice Health Plan receive up to 20 sessions per calendar year.
- First 5 sessions are at no cost. Next 15 have $25 copay.
- Sessions can be conducted in person, via Skype or by telephone
- No pre-authorization required to set up first appointment
Adult Health Plan Members who meet two or more of the following criteria are eligible to participate:
- Body Mass Index (BMI) over 25
- Elevated Glucose
- Elevated LDL Cholesterol
- Elevated Triglycerides
- Pre-hypertension or Hypertension
- Autoimmune Issues
- Tobacco User
- Musculoskeletal issues that impair movement and/or performance
Minors on the Health Plan do not have to meet any eligibility criteria.