Manatee YourChoice Health Plan members receive up to 20 visits with a Network Registered Dietitian each calendar year. The plan benefit is identical for all four health plan levels.
- NO CO-PAY FOR FIRST 5 VISITS.
- NO referral from physician needed.
- NO Authorization/Precertification required.
- YourChoice Health Plan pays up to 20 visits/calendar year. ($25 co-pay applies after first 5 visits)
What is a Registered Dietitian (RD)?
A registered dietitian is an expert in the area of food and nutrition. In order to become an RD, a Bachelor of Science degree must be obtained in the area of dietetics, nutrition, food science or the like, and s/he must complete an extensive supervised program of practice and pass a registration exam. In the state of Florida, an RD must obtain and keep current a license to practice nutrition from the Florida Department of Health.
Why would I want to see an RD?
· To receive personalized nutrition advice and guidance
· To have a trained nutrition expert help me reach my wellness goals
· To help me manage diseases and conditions
· To help with food allergies, sensitivities and intolerances
· To provide menu planning and recipe substitution tips
A Registered Dietitian can help with all types of Nutrition Needs:
- High Blood Pressure
- Weight Loss/Weight Maintenance
- Weight Gain
- Sports Nutrition/Adequate Fueling
- Celiac Disease
- Chronic Kidney Disease