Manatee YourChoice Tobacco Cessation Program offers numerous, FDA-approved tobacco cessation aids at no cost to assist members in their cessation efforts.
Research demonstrates that coaching in combination with an effective tobacco cessation aid, greatly improves the likelihood of a success at quitting.
All Members, regardless of plan level, have access to the following cessation tools:
- One-on-One Tobacco Cessation Coaching – Contact Vanessa to learn more.
- Cessation Aids
- Apps to Help Quit Smoking
- Programs to Help Quit Smoking or Dipping
Cessation Classes Available
Meeting once a week for four weeks, A Tobacco Cessation Specialist will guide participants as they identify triggers and withdrawal symptoms, and brainstorm ways to cope with them as they develop a successful quit plan.
- Addiction, withdrawal and medications that help,
- Planning for the quit date,
- Dealing with triggers,
- Overcoming cravings
- Relapse prevention
Participants will also receive free nicotine replacement therapy, educational materials, goodies for quit day, and follow-up support.