Hearing Aid Coverage
Our insured employees can now receive great savings on Hearing Aids!
Hearing loss is the third most prevalent medical condition among Americans over age 65 after arthritis and hypertension. The good news is that 95% of those who suffer from hearing loss can be successfully treated with hearing aids. By using one of our contracted hearing aid Discount Providers, you can enjoy savings of over 50% off retail prices.
On the MCG-Aetna medical plan our hearing aid benefit covers up to $5,000 to spend toward the purchase of hearing aids. We have two 3rd-party advocates (called Discount Providers) who assist our insureds by recommending a local doctor, setting up the initial appointment, and providing savings on prescribed hearing aids.
Before the appointment, the Discount Providers will send the insured a welcome packet that includes:
- Information on hearing aids and hearing loss
- What to expect at your appointment
Next Steps for Insureds Seeking Hearing Aids:
We utilize two Discount Providers (see below), who will assist our employees with scheduling an appointment at a location in their preferred local area.
The providers are:
|Hearing Care Solutions
|Aetna-Hearing Care Solutions
|Hearing Health Care
|Amplifon Hearing Health Care (amplifonusa.com)
Steps our employees should follow:
- Begin by calling a Discount Provider (contact info above); they create a profile for the insured using the Aetna ID#, date of birth, and contact phone number.
- Within 1 – 3 days after the initial call, the Provider will complete a benefits check and contact the insured to discuss options such as in-network doctors, location preference, and suggested appointment dates/times.
- The Provider contacts doctor, secures appointment date, then calls to confirm date/time/location with insured.
- The Provider will provide a “Welcome Packet” with information and expectations for the appointment.
- Once the appointment is completed and the doctor recommends the preferred hearing aid, the Discount Provider will fill the subscription.
The 2024 Aetna hearing aid benefit provides “coverage up to $5,000 allowance every 7 years”. The coverage is for the hearing aids alone. The Discount Provider contracts in-network doctors and there is no fee for the doctor and exam when secured by the Discount Provider. The Provider will often be able to provide significant savings for the prescribed hearing aids. They also explain/provide any warranties and replacement aids if applicable.
It is most economical and preferred to utilize the Discount Provider service for locating a doctor, however, if a doctor is seen outside of the Discount Provider, the employee should submit a reimbursement form through the Aetna website and include receipts for service and supplies.
If you have questions about the hearing aid benefit, please contact MCG - Employee Health Benefits for assistance (941) 748-4501, x6419