Manatee County Government offers both short-term and long-term disability insurance.
LONG TERM DISABILITY (LTD) is offered to all eligible employees through Hartford Insurance Group.
- Core LTD Disability Insurance: There are no costs to the employee for the Core LTD Benefit; it is 100% employer-paid. Manatee County provides Core LTD equal to 50% of the employee’s base salary, up to $3,000 per month, after a 90 day waiting period.
- Additional Long Term Disability (Buy Up Plan): The charge for additional LTD benefits is a semi-monthly rate that is subject to change according to age and salary. The employee pays 100% of the cost of this coverage. Employees can elect Additional LTD and increase their benefit to 662/3% of base monthly salary, up to $5,000 per month, subject to age, salary, and Evidence of Insurability.
SHORT TERM DISABILITY (STD) is an optional benefit offered to eligible employees through Hartford Insurance Group.
- Employees can elect STD during benefit election, Annual Enrollment, or within 30 days of a family status change.
- The charge for STD benefits is a semi-monthly rate paid for by the employee.
- This benefit pays 60% of base monthly salary if you are injured or disabled for up to 13 weeks after a 15-day waiting period.