Host an advocate to your worksite!
- Host a Musculoskeletal (MSK) Clinic - contact Worksite Wellness Manager, Allison Minardi x3667
- Host a Posture Clinic - contact Julie Drackett, x3966
- Host a Nutritionist - contact Florey Miller, x6410
- Host a Pharmacist – contact Alma Leon, x6406
- Host a Nurse - contact Debbie Miskell, x 6407
- Host a Vaccine Clinic - contact Vanessa Rene, x 6418
- Share these Ergonomics Newsletters for remote and home office set up:
- Remote Ergonomics Newsletter #1: Neck & Shoulders
- Remote Ergonomics Newsletter #2: Hand, Wrist, and Arms
- Remote Ergonomics Newsletter #3: Upper Back & Chest
- Remote Ergonomics Newsletter #4: Eye Strain/Headaches
- Remote Ergonomics Newsletter #5: Low Back
- Remote Ergonomics Newsletter #6: Hips/Legs
- Remote Ergonomics Newsletter #7: Foot/Ankle
- Remote Ergonomics Newsletter #8: Putting It All Together!
- Share this compelling TED Talk to learn the science behind how exercise can improve your mood and memory--and protects your brain against neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer's. Watch Video Here
- Post a “Take the Stairs” Challenge sample flyer or “1 Mile Path at the Office”
- To share a walking/jogging path: Use Bing or Google Maps- Type your address and get an arial view of your site. Zoom in and take a snap shot of it. Mark up the distance of your path. Share with coworkers!
- Example: Share the County list of parks to encourage walking groups/paths, steps challenges: https://www.mymanatee.org/departments/parks___natural_resources/parks__preserves___beaches
- Post a Hydration Challenge: Encourage drinking at least 6 glasses (48 ozs) of water each day for 20 days during the month and check off each day on the caledar provided. This calendar can be printed or filled out electronically. Hydration Challenge
- Micro breaks are important. Here is a sample email to send to your staff:
"Remember to take your Ergo Breaks! Ergo Breaks or Micro Breaks are a quick 2-3 minute paus from work healping employees de-stress and re-charge for the rest of the workday."
- Take a 2 minutes walk down the hall to strech hips and legs
- For every 30 minutes of sitting, get 3 minutes of movement
- Roll your shoulders and wrists to loosen up tension from repetitive routines
- Have a quick chat with a coworker
Try one of these 3 minute videos to stretch upper body!
https://youtu.be/SVPcsMBuoHI Neck and Shoulder Release
https://youtu.be/g8J6jqdqzck Chest Release
https://youtu.be/nWyvJCU8hKk Low Back Release
Try one of these videos to strech lower body!
https://youtu.be/T4o97zJnQMI Hamstring Release
https://youtu.be/n-0aMLQ-yFA Hip Release
- Use this ergo tips flyer to ensure that your work station is set up for optimal comfort. Ergo Tips Flyer