Rewarding a Lifestyle Commitment that promotes a Healthy Pregnancy and Safe Childbirth Experience
The YourChoice Healthy Pregnancy Program provides pregnant members with the opportunity to attend child birth classes for partial reimbursement and receive one-on-one support to promote a healthy pregnancy and safe childbirth experience.
Pregnant Manatee County Government employees and spouses/dependents currently enrolled in the YourChoice Health Plan are eligible for participation in these programs.
Child Birth Classes Benefit
- Receive reimbursement up to $100 for the cost of attended child birth classes.
Healthy Pregnancy Resources
To encourage a Healthy Pregnancy it is recommended that you follow the steps below:
- Complete all scheduled pre-natal office visits per physician’s orders
- Be compliant in taking pre-natal vitamins as prescribed by your physician.
- Complete a Nutrition Advocate Consultation. You are eligible to use all 5 FREE sessions if you choose. Visits include discussion of essential nutrients during pregnancy, tips for healthy eating before and after pregnancy, necessary pregnancy weight gain and healthy weight loss after birth. Please contact Natalia Garcia for your appointment firstname.lastname@example.org
- If diagnosed with Gestational Diabetes or have existing diabetes contact the YourChoice Diabetes Educator for guidance.
- Complete an Exercise Consultation. You are eligible to use all 5 FREE Sessions if you choose. The Fitness Advocate will help you modify your workout and teach you stretches to alleviate back pain and prepare your body for labor. We offer 2 trainers as prenatal resources: Tracy Lightburne email@example.com and Natalie Monti firstname.lastname@example.org
- Meet with a Mental Health Advocate. The LAMP Advocate will discuss mental health resources and what to expect postpartum. You are eligible to use all 5 Free Sessions if you choose to continue. Please contact Randi McDowall email@example.com
- If a tobacco user, participate in one of the YourChoice Tobacco Cessation Program options. Please contact Vanessa Rene at firstname.lastname@example.org