We all could use a fresh start. That is why everyone with diabetes who would like to review the important basics of diabetes care has the opportunity to refresh by taking the Diabetes Survival Skills series again. This program has been updated with the latest information and should be beneficial to all.
Survival Skills – In person option
Must attend two classes:
1. The Basics of Diabetes Care
2. What Can I Eat?
Important – These classes can not be scheduled until County meeting rooms are available when distancing restrictions have been lifted. We encourage you to take advantage of the virtual Survival Skills option, which you can do at any time.
Survival Skills – Virtual option
How to access and receive credit for attending The Survival Skills Classes online, “The Basics of Diabetes Care and What Can I Eat”.
Step 1: Watch the 9 video Lessons at your convenience.
- Lesson 1 What is Diabetes?
- Lesson 2 What you need to know about diabetes medications
- Lesson 3 My blood sugar did that? Why and how to test your blood sugar
- Lesson 4 Diabetes can be complicated
- Lesson 5 You got to move it – Exercise!
- Lesson 6 The myth of the diabetes diet
- Lesson 7 Sugar is sweet
- Lesson 8 Your food environment
- Lesson 9 The Blender. Putting it together.
Step 2: Register for a Live Zoom Wrap Up session to answer your questions and for a chance to win some prizes. (see need to know info below).
Step 3: Take Final Quiz at Classmarker. During the wrap up session, you will also receive a link to take the final quiz which is required for full credit. This is a brief and straightforward quiz just to confirm you watched each of the 9 lessons and to make sure you reviewed the essential information on Survival Skills for Diabetes. Must get 70% correct to pass and receive your certificate of completion. You will receive credit just by passing and we will be notified. Retain your certificate as proof if needed. You must complete the quiz with a passing score of 70% by 11:59 PM on August 31, 2021 in order to use this choice to qualify for the 2022 Ultimate/Best Plan.
Need To Know Information:
- To join the Live Wrap Up Zoom Session on your computer Desktop or laptop there is no download necessary. Simply click on Zoom link that will be emailed to you when you register for a session. At the appropriate date and time and it should open to the Live Wrap Up Zoom Session.
- If using a cell phone/mobile device, download Zoom from the App store to any mobile device. It's free and simple to log in and create an account in less than 1 min