A Pharmacy Advocate Consultation includes a medication review of pharmacy claims from Optum, prior to the consultation. This medication review is intended to look for drug interactions, proper dosage, cost saving, etc. The consultation may also include discussions and recommendations concerning:
- Transferring a medication to a preferred pharmacy to save money or create more convenience.
- Understanding a new prescription and the potential side effects.
- Ideas to help manage side effects of medications.
- Accessing copay assistance and coupons for your high-cost medications.
- Working with your Physicians on making sure that the right medication is affordable and creates compliance.
- Strategies to try and improve medical conditions without prescriptions.