Alma Leon, PharmD, RPh
I am pleased to introduce myself to you as your new Manatee YourChoice Clinical Pharmacist and Pharmacy Advocate. Manatee County is my community and I hold it dear to my heart because I grew up in this area. I was able to witness firsthand the growth and development that has occurred throughout the years and am honored to be able to give back to our members with the knowledge, training, and expertise that I have been able to acquire throughout my life.
For my educational and vocational training, I did not stray far from home. I attended the University of South Florida in Tampa for my undergraduate studies and then Lake Erie College of Osteopathic Medicine (LECOM) Pharmacy School, Bradenton Campus, for my Doctor of Pharmacy Degree. I have spent 15 years working in the pharmacy field, the majority of my experience in Community Pharmacy. However, I have also worked for Manatee YourChoice as a pharmacy student and an Interim Pharmacist.
My approach to healthcare is focused on preventative care. I believe that prevention is key, we must take control of our own health and utilize the tools that are available to us. Here at Manatee YourChoice, we can help all our members reach their goals and stay on track with their healthcare needs. I am pleased to be part of a team that is equipped to provide our members with everything they need to take charge of their health.
Feel free to call me if you need help with:
- Transferring a medication to a preferred pharmacy to save money or create more convenience.
- Understanding a new prescription and the potential side effects.
- Ideas to help manage side effects of medications.
- Accessing copay assistance and coupons for your high-cost medications.
- Working with your Physicians on making sure that the right medication is affordable and creates compliance.
- Strategies to try and improve medical conditions without prescriptions.
As your Clinical Pharmacist and Pharmacy Advocate, I encourage you to utilize my knowledge and expertise to help you reach, exceed, and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Please feel free to reach out to me any time and trust that I will always have your best interests at heart.